Move-in this Fall will be the biggest in our history, and we need your help to provide the most heartwarming welcoming experience for our new and returning Yellow Jackets! If you'd like to volunteer to make this warm welcome happen, read below to find details and the link to sign up.
- Volunteers assist with a variety of roles during move-in, including check-in, unloading, and traffic control.
- Volunteers will receive training materials in the days leading up to their shifts that will cover job duties, where to check in as a volunteer, and other important details.
- All volunteers will receive a white move-in shirt to wear during their shifts.
- Sunscreen, bug spray, water, and snacks will be provided, but volunteers are encouraged to bring a water bottle and snacks.
Returning students, parents, affiliates, and alumni are invited to volunteer for move-in Summer 2023.
New, first-year students are not eligible to volunteer.
Check back here for sign-up links in Summer 2023.
Residents who volunteer can request to move-in early at no cost to you! You must volunteer for at least one shift to be approved for early move-in.
New, first-year students are not eligible.
Sign up for two or more shifts and in addition to the Week of Welcome Move-In Team T-shirt, you'll receive additional swag!
Limited Edition T-Shirt
Get this limited edition, "I HELPED WITH MOVE-IN" t-shirt if you volunteer for two or more shifts!
The 2022 Limited Edition Shirt Design
- How do I qualify to move in early?
Students who sign up for at least one volunteer shift are eligible to move-in early.
- How do I apply to move in early?
Students who qualify to move-in early should fill out the "Fall Volunteer Move-In Request Form" under the resources tab in the My Housing portal. They will receive more information about early move-in from there.
- Where do I check in for my shift?
Volunteers will receive information about where to check-in and other helpful details closer to move-in.
- Do I need to check out at the volunteer center after my shift is done?
Yes, volunteers should check-out in the same place they check-in. Their specific check-in/out locations will be specified in communications closer to the date of their shift.