The Facilities and Maintenance Team for Housing & Residence Life is committed to timely and transparent communications to residents about maintenance work. In an effort to provide residents up-to-date status information on repair work, we have created this page that allows residents to submit work requests and find information about planned and unplanned maintenance.
Need something fixed in your room? Need to report a problem? Our facilities staff will receive your request within 24 hours of your submission, and will respond as quickly as possible. Provide a detailed description of the problem so that our maintenance staff is prepared to help you. Use the options below to best determine how we can resolve your issue.
Reopen a Maintenance Request
Did you know that you can reopen maintenance requests that have been closed for 7 days? Follow the steps bellow.
- Log in to the StarRez Student Housing Portal:
- Click on Room Maintenance at the far left of the top menu
- Click on the VIEW button beside the closed Request that you wish to reopen
- Click on the Reopen Maintenance Request link
- Select REOPEN followed by REOPEN REASON
- Enter a short comment (less than 50 characters)
- Click SAVE & CONTINUE
No alerts at this time.
Current Maintenance Projects
As details on scheduled or urgent maintenance become available, they will be published here. For questions about work in your hall, reach out to your hall director or submit a ticket to the Housing Help Desk.
|Hall||What's Happening?||Impact on Residents||Expected Dates*|
|All Halls||Dryer vent cleaning||The dryers will be offline for 1-2 hours while the contractor works. Residents should use alternate machines or return later.||3/22 - 3/23|
|Eighth Street West, Folk, Glenn, Hanson, Hopkins, North Avenue South, Towers, Woodruff North, Zbar||Pre-move-out Inspections||Housing Facilities staff will enter students' rooms to assess room condition as we plan for repairs needed prior to summer school.||3/20 - 3/24|
|1st 2nd 3rd floor kitchen lounge carpet flooring work||Only one floor will be offline at a time. Residents can use the kitchens on alternate floors.||3/20 - 3/24|
|Brown||3rd floor corridor ceiling work||Residents will have access through the hallways and should be aware of this work when passing through the space and adhere to any signage posted.||3/20 - 3/24|
|Center Street North, Center Street South, Crecine, Eighth Street||Filter changes||Contractors will need access to the apartments, residents should clear the area around the HVAC unit in the room||3/20 - 3/24|
|Eighth Street East||Exterior- roof repair||Since the contractors will be on the roof, the students in Eighth Street East are requested to keep their window blinds closed for the duration for the project.||3/20 - 3/24|
|Fields, Hanson, Matheson, Perry||Repairing shower stems||Shower stalls will be offline in rotation, if a water shut-off becomes necessary residents will be notified.||
3/20 - 3/24
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
|Harris||Inspecting fan coil units||Residents should clear the area around the HVAC unit in the room. Housing personnel will be present as an escort during the work.||3/20 - 3/24|
|North Ave||Exterior- servicing turn styles||Pedestrian traffic will be rerouted, access will still be available at one of the turn styles as well as the gate adjacent to North Ave North.||3/20 - 3/21|
|North Ave||North Ave exterior elevator renovations||Elevators will be unavailable, students will need to use the exterior elevator next to the dining hall entrance||3/15 - 3/31|
|Perry Matheson||Exterior-roof repair||Since the contractors will be on the roof, the students in Perry Matheson are requested to keep their window blinds closed for the duration for the project.||3/20 - 3/24|
|Tenth and Home||Replacing light bulbs in stairwells||Residents should be aware of this work when passing through the space and adhere to any signage posted.||3/20 - 3/24|
In case of an emergency, such as active flooding or total power outage, please follow the contact guide below. Note: If your toilet is overflowing, please turn off the water to minimize damage. If there is no danger to property or person, please submit a maintenance request to ensure and have your Job ID ready prior to calling the Help Desk.
- Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm - Call Housing Help Desk 404-894-2470
- Monday – Friday 4:30pm – Close - Contact your Area Office.
- After the Area Office closes Monday – Friday and on Saturday/Sunday - Contact your Resident Assistant (RA) on duty. Their number can be found on the yellow card at your building entrance.
Don't assume that someone else reported problems in public areas. Take the time to request work for problems you see in areas such as bathrooms, floor lounges, hallways, stairwells, lobbies, and exterior doors. When requesting emergency work for public areas, you can help us by looking for the door number (i.e., 6 th St. W125A), hallway number (i.e., 4198), or by giving the bathroom, laundry, or lounge room number that's either painted on the wall next to the door or on a plastic room number sign.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 404-894-2470 or submit a ticket Housing Help Desk, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
To submit a non-emergency maintenance request, log into My Housing and click on Room Maintenance on the top navigational bar.
If you are not checked into your room, not a housing resident, or are a professional staff member** who needs to submit a maintenance request, please contact us at 404-894-2470 or submit a ticket to the Housing Help Desk.
The Maintenance Request system provides:
- A direct link to your room assignment, shared space, or public space within your building when submitting a request
- Ability to add photos and more descriptive comments in support of your request
- Enhanced communication notifications when the status of your request changes
- Ability to monitor and view updates not only for your requests, but also for requests that are submitted by other residents for shared spaces (spaces within your room assignment) or public spaces (public spaces within your building)
- Ability to reopen a request that was not completed to your satisfaction
As a Reminder:
- Most problems will be assessed within 24 hours of reporting it to the Housing Facilities office.
- Routine reports made on Friday or during the weekend will be followed up on the next business day.
- If you are a housing resident, please inform your roommate(s) and/or suite-mate(s) of your submission. This will eliminate duplicate requests for the same problem. Roommates can view all requests submitted for shared spaces via My Housing.
- Please submit a separate request for each problem.