The Facilities and Maintenance Team for Housing & Residence Life is committed to timely and transparent communications to residents about maintenance work. In an effort to provide residents up-to-date status information on repair work, we have created this page that allows residents to submit work requests and find information about planned and unplanned maintenance.
Just Moved In? Fill Out the Room Condition Report
Please complete this Room Condition Report to document the move-in condition of your room. This report is NOT a maintenance request - it is meant to document the state of your room assignment so that you are not assessed fees later for minor damage. If a repair or replacement is needed for you to operate in your room, you must submit a maintenance request for each issue.
No alerts at this time.
Need something fixed in your room? Need to report a problem? Our facilities staff will receive your request within 24 hours of your submission, and will respond as quickly as possible. Provide a detailed description of the problem so that our maintenance staff is prepared to help you. Use the options below to best determine how we can resolve your issue.
Did you know that you can reopen maintenance requests that have been closed for 7 days? Follow the steps bellow.
- Log in to the StarRez Student Housing Portal:
- Click on Room Maintenance at the far left of the top menu
- Click on the VIEW button beside the closed Request that you wish to reopen
- Click on the Reopen Maintenance Request link
- Select REOPEN followed by REOPEN REASON
- Enter a short comment (less than 50 characters)
- Click SAVE & CONTINUE
Current Maintenance Projects
As details on scheduled or urgent maintenance become available, they will be published here. For questions about work in your hall, reach out to your hall director or submit a ticket to the Housing Help Desk.
|Hall||What's Happening?||Impact on Residents||Expected Dates*|
In case of an emergency, such as a breakdown of an essential service (plumbing, power outages, heating, lock, etc.) please follow the contact guide below. Note: If your toilet is overflowing, please turn off the water to minimize damage.
- Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm - Call Housing Help Desk 404-894-2470
- Monday – Friday 4:30pm – 8pm - Contact your Community Office.
- After 8pm Monday – Friday and on Saturday/Sunday - Contact your Student Staff Member on duty. Their number can be found on the yellow card at your building entrance.
Don't assume that someone else reported problems in public areas. Take the time to request work for problems you see in areas such as bathrooms, floor lounges, hallways, stairwells, lobbies, and exterior doors. Common areas are all part of your home away from home. When requesting emergency work for public areas, you can help us by looking for the door number (i.e., 6 th St. W125A), hallway number (i.e., 4198), or by giving the bathroom, laundry or lounge room number that's either painted on the wall next to the door or on a plastic room number sign.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 404-894-2470 or submit a ticket Housing Help Desk.
To submit a non-emergency maintenance request, log into My Housing and click on Room Maintenance on the top navigational bar.
If you are not checked into your room, not a housing resident, or are a professional staff member** who needs to submit a maintenance request, please contact us at 404-894-2470 or submit a ticket Housing Help Desk.
The Maintenance Request system provides:
- A direct link to your room assignment, shared space, or public space within your building when submitting a request
- Ability to add photos and more descriptive comments in support of your request
- Enhanced communication notifications when the status of your request changes
- Ability to monitor and view updates not only for your requests, but also for requests that are submitted by other residents for shared spaces (spaces within your room assignment) or public spaces (public spaces within your building)
- Ability to reopen a request that was not completed to your satisfaction
As a Reminder:
- Most problems will be assessed within 24 hours of reporting it to the Housing Facilities office
- Routine reports made on Friday or during the weekend will be followed up on the next business day
- If you are a housing resident, please inform your roommate(s) and/or suite-mate(s) of your submission. This will eliminate duplicate requests for the same problem. Within the new system, your roommates will be able to view all requests submitted for shared spaces via the housing portal
- Please submit a separate request for each problem
** Note: Certain Housing and Residence Life professional staff members (including Facilities and ResLife) can submit requests directly into the system without contacting the Work Center. Please contact your direct supervisor for details.