The Second-Year Experience Program is a self-selected living option offered by Housing and Residence Life. Our purpose is to help second year residents access the services and resources that are relevant to their current needs. We focus on three broad areas including academic and personal achievement, future and career planning skills, and well-being. Students are provided with opportunities to participate in programming and activities as well as “just in time” information about campus opportunities that are important to students in their second year.
How To Participate
Rising Second Year students can select the Second Year Experience when applying for Academic Year housing! Students will be admitted first come, first serve, and students will be added to the waitlist when we reach capacity.
Space is limited and first come, first serve. There is no fee to participate. Students who are unable to be placed in the Second- Year Experience will be notified and provided the opportunity to self-assign elsewhere on campus during their regular scheduled time - based on class standing and GT credit hours.
What To Expect
- Enjoy opportunities to engage with the other students
- Benefit from dedicated study space
- Receive timely information about campus events, activities, and programs that are relevant to Second-year students
- Meet campus leaders and faculty who can help you plug in to areas that interest you
- Learn from experts and upper-class students on a variety of topics such as academic support, career planning, health and well-being, and even adult life-skills