Whether you are interested in joining our team immediately or next academic year, we are glad you are interested in serving the Georgia Tech residential community. We hire students to serve both as Resident Assistants who live in the halls and serve a dedicated group of residents AND Student Assistants for our Area Office. Explore below to learn more about your student employment opportunities with Housing and Residence Life.
The 2022-23 RA application is now closed and submissions are under review. Applicants should watch their email in January for information about interview offers and next steps. Visit the application portal or scroll down to find a recording of our information session, job description, and more important information for RA applicants. We appreciate your interest in making community happen in our halls!
Resident Assistant Fall 2022- Spring 2023 Selection Process
- Information Session: All students who apply will be sent a video of the information session to watch. During these sessions, candidates can learn more about the position details. At any time, you may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org if you still have questions after watching the information sessions and reviewing the FAQ.
- Application: Applications will be available October 30, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. EST. Applications will be open until 11:59 p.m. on December 8, 2021. By applying you are authorizing the department to do a grade and conduct check with Georgia Tech through Banner and the Office of Student Integrity. Applications are located under the employment tab once you log in to your myhousing page.
- Interview: After submission of a completed application we will review your grades and conduct status as well as score your application. Successful candidates will be cleared to participate in a 45-minute online interview. Interview sign-up information will be emailed to candidates beginning in January 2022.
- We utilize an online sign-up program that allows for flexibility up until 5 p.m. the day before your interview.
- Be sure to input your GT email address (@gatech.edu) into the system to receive a reminder. The committee will not send reminders.
- Not all who submit applications are offered an interview. Please review your application essay questions with care.
- Candidate Offers: Selected candidates will be able to view their offers on February 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. EST. Candidates will receive one of three offers: a primary placement offer, an alternate offer, or a no offer. Students that receive the primary position offer will not learn of their community placement until later in the semester and their room/apartment assignment at a later date. Candidates will have until Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. to accept their offers.