Whether you are interested in joining our team immediately or next academic year, we are glad you are interested in serving the Georgia Tech community as a Resident Assistant.
The RA selection process for 2021-2022 is now open! Visit the My Housing Portal to find the application, and find other helpful information about the process below.
Fall 2021- Spring 2022 Applicant Selection Process
- Information Session: All students who are interested in being an RA are required to attend one (1) informational session. During these sessions, candidates can learn more about the position details, ask questions regarding the process, and speak to current student staff about their experience in the position. Dates and links for information sessions are listed at the top of this page.
- Application: Applications will be available Friday, October 16, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. EST. Applications are due Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST. Please do not wait until the last minute to view and submit your application. Late applications will not be reviewed. Please plan accordingly. By applying you are authorizing the department to do a grade and conduct check with Georgia Tech through Banner and the Office of Student Integrity.
- Interview: After submission of a completed application we will review your grades and conduct status as well as score our application. Successful candidates will be cleared to participate in a 45-minute online interview. Interview information will be emailed to candidates beginning January 2021.
- We utilize an online sign-up program that allows for flexibility up until 5 p.m. the day before your interview.
- Be sure to input an email into the system so to receive a reminder. The committee will not send reminders.
- Not all who submit applications are offered an interview. Please review your application essay questions with care.
- Candidate Offers: Selected candidates will receive their offers Spring 2021. Candidates receive either a primary placement offer, an alternate offer, or a no offer (allowing those applicants enough time to make other arrangements for housing). Students that receive the primary position offer will not learn of their community placement until later in the semester and their room/apartment assignment at a later date.