Whether you are interested in joining our team immediately or next academic year, we are glad you are interested in serving the Georgia Tech community as a Resident Assistant.
The 2021-2022 RA application will close September 7, 2021. Our team is full for the 2021-2022 year but we are keeping the application open in an effort to recruit members for our alternate pool. Historically we hire about 20 alternates between August and January so having a robust pool is helpful as we try to meet the needs of specific staff vacancies as they arise.
Candidates will be notified of their status monthly. If you applied previously for a 2021-2022 RA position, there is no need to reapply. You must log into myhousing and look under the employment tab to find the 2021-2022 RA application.
The 2022-20 RA application will open in October 2021.
Fall 2021- Spring 2022 Applicant Selection Process
- Information Session: All students who apply will be sent a video of the information session to watch. During these sessions, candidates can learn more about the position details. You may email questions to email@example.com if you still have questions after watching the information sessions.
- Application: Applications will be available April 3, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. EST. Applications will be rolling and remain open. By applying you are authorizing the department to do a grade and conduct check with Georgia Tech through Banner and the Office of Student Integrity. Applications are located under the employment tab once you log in to your myhousing page.
- Interview: After submission of a completed application we will review your grades and conduct status as well as score your application. Successful candidates will be cleared to participate in a 45-minute online interview. Interview information will be emailed to candidates beginning in late April and through out the summer of 2021.
- We utilize an online sign-up program that allows for flexibility up until 5 p.m. the day before your interview.
- Be sure to input your GT email address (@gatech.edu) into the system to receive a reminder. The committee will not send reminders.
- Not all who submit applications are offered an interview. Please review your application essay questions with care.
- Candidate Offers: Selected candidates will receive their offers throughout the summer of 2021. Candidates receive either a primary placement offer, an alternate offer, or a no offer (allowing those applicants enough time to make other arrangements for housing). Students that receive the primary position offer will not learn of their community placement until later in the semester and their room/apartment assignment at a later date. Candidates will have 3 business days to accept their positions if offered.