Welcome to Georgia Tech!
We’re excited that you’ll be living on campus, and we look forward to sharing all the details you will need as you transition into life at Tech. Please check back here frequently for updates on details regarding First-Year move-in.
Before You Move-In
- Check your move-in appointment in My Housing: If you experience delays and will arrive after check-in closes, please follow the instructions found on this page.
- If you don't already have one, submit your BuzzCard photo online following these guidelines.
- Connect with your roommate to start the conversation about appliances, allergies, and more.
- Review our list of Items to Bring (and what not to bring).
- Before you depart for campus, review the map of how to get to campus and find check-in.
- Directions to East and West Campus check-in for August 12
- Directions to East and West Campus check-in for August 13
- Check-in for East and West Campus for August 15-20 will be at your area office - find their address and hours here.
- Check-in for North Avenue Apartments, GLC, and Tenth & Home for August 12-20 will be at your area office - find their address and hours here.
- Plan to arrive at check-in at the time of your move-in appointment.
- Make sure you have your photo ID and your check-in ticket (a QR code you'll receive by email) handy when you enter check-in.
- Arriving by car?
- Look for signage directing you to single car and multi-car lanes.
- The check-in location has a maximum height of 7-feet 6-inches to enter. This means U-hauls and other taller vehicles won’t be able to enter.
- Make sure the incoming resident is in one of the front seats.
- From check-in, our volunteers will direct you to your unloading zone.
- Arriving by Rideshare?
Those taking a rideshare to move-in should follow the same map to check-in at the CRC deck, where you'll find a drop-off for rideshare passengers before you enter. You'll check in at the entrance, and from there we'll provide a ride to your hall with your belongings.
- Arriving by Public Transit?
Those taking public transit should take MARTA to the Midtown/10th St station and then take the campus Gold Route to the Campus Recreation Center stop. Then follow the signs for walk-ups that will lead you to check-in. The Gold Route will follow its typical schedule on weekdays, and from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday August 13 and 20.
If you arrive outside of official move-in times or after the Gold Route has stopped, we recommend a rideshare or call a Stingerette to bring you directly to your hall.
- Once you reach your unloading zone:
- Volunteers will be present to help unload your belongings from your car into a bin.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended while unloading.
- As soon as your items are in a bin, we ask that your vehicle is moved to short term parking to allow others to unload.
- As you unpack, look for signage and spaces for recycling of cardboard boxes and styrofoam. Find a map of those recycling stations here.
- You'll get an email during the day from your Hall Director with instructions for filling out a room condition report, submitting maintenance requests, and other ways to settle in to your new home.
- Connect with your RA about your first floor meeting and other welcome activities.
Items to Bring
As you plan your arrival to Georgia Tech, we ask that you limit the items you bring to essentials only.
Be mindful and minimal as you pack your belongings to make your move-in experience as smooth as possible. By doing so, you help us encourage the safety of our volunteers and your fellow residents.