Welcome to your new home! To ensure a smooth move-in process, carefully review the dates and information about when to move in, how to get to your building, what to bring (and what to leave behind), and which Community Office you'll be using.
Fall 2022 Move-In
Check-in Dates and Times:
- Friday, Aug 12: 9 a.m. - 4 :30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug 13: 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug 14: no check-in but area offices open 10 am. - 2 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Aug 15-19: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug 20: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Transition Days: August 5-9*
*Students will receive their specific transition date by July 22. To ensure all rooms can be cleaned and ready, students must move on their assigned date. If you cannot move on your assigned date, you will need to move out on August 5 and return on an official move-in day.
Before You Move-in
- Check your move-in appointment in My Housing.
- It is critical that all students arrive at check-in at the time of their appointment.
- If you will arrive after check-in cloded, please follow the instructions found on this page.
- If you would like to move-in early on August 10 or 11, visit this page for details on volunteering in exchange for early move-in and more!
- If you don't have a BuzzCard, submit your BuzzCard photo online following these guidelines.
- Review our list of Items to Bring (and what not to bring).
- Before you depart for campus, review the map of how to get to campus and find check-in.
- Check-in for North Avenue Apartments, GLC, and Tenth & Home for August 12-20 will be at your area office - find their address and hours here.
- Directions to East and West Campus check-in for August 12
- Directions to East and West Campus check-in for August 13
- Check-in for East and West Campus for August 15-20 will be at your area office - find their address and hours here.
- Plan to arrive at check-in at the time of your move-in appointment.
- Make sure you have your photo ID and your check-in ticket (a QR code you'll receive by email) handy when you enter check-in.
- From check-in, you'll head to your unloading zone where bins will be available to aid your unloading.
- As you unpack, you can bring flattened cardboard and styrfoam to recycling stations set up around the halls just for move-in.
- You'll get an email during the day from your Hall Director with instructions for filling out a room condition report, submitting maintenance requests, and other ways to settle in to your new home.
- If you don't have an annual parking permit, you'll need to move your vehicle from short-term parking by 9 p.m.
Items to Bring
As you plan your arrival to Georgia Tech, we ask that you limit the items you bring to essentials only.
Be mindful and minimal as you pack your belongings to make your move-in experience as smooth as possible. By doing so, you help us encourage the safety of our volunteers and your fellow residents.