There are so many things to consider when you move onto campus. Here are a few tips that will help you as you make the move.
- Students have the option to check out their room keys and move in on Early Move-in Days which will be published in advance. There is a $75 per night per student additional charge made to your Bursar account. Picking up room keys is considered checking in regardless if a student is simply getting keys, dropping off belongings, or spending the night.
- The On-Duty Staff Member for your residence hall can give you access to your room if you arrive after office hours. The number to reach the On-Duty Staff Member is posted on the entrance door at each building. At the call box outside each residence hall, there are instructions for contacting the On-Duty Staff Member.
- If you plan to arrive later than noon on Monday, January 8, 2018, call the Central Housing Office or email your name, gtID#, and estimated time of arrival to email@example.com. Unless we know that you do plan to check into your room late, it could be possible that you would be declared a no-show and your room given to another student.
Special Programs Arrival
- Please check with your Program Director, not the Department of Housing, to receive any specific move in directions.
- Incoming students will not receive a post office box until after registration for classes. For student mail guidelines and information on how to obtain your post office box information, go to Student Mail.
- DO NOT send any package to your room, in care of the Department of Housing, or any of our community offices. Due to lack of storage space these packages will not, under any circumstances, be accepted. Please time the shipping of your packages to arrive no more than five (5) days prior to your arrival on campus.
- You can do it yourself. Simply log into your My Housing application and use the Room Swap tab on the gold bar. Advertise your room and search for another room you might like to change into using this online function. Multiple room swaps can be made, but must be finalized prior to checking out your keys. Room Swap cannot be used once you have moved in.
- There will be Last Chance Room Change Days Wednesday through Friday January 10-12, 2018. Both students should go together to the appropriate area office to request a room change on those days. Be sure to take your room keys with you. Please note that freshmen are NOT eligible to live in apartment style housing.
Verify Your Room
- Make sure that the room you move into is the same room that is stated in your My Housing. Check the room number displayed at the hallway entrance to your room and the letter over the bedroom door if you are in an apartment or suite.
- For safety reasons, do not change rooms with another resident without approval. There is a $150 charge for any unauthorized room changes.
- Once you move into your room you may need assistance with such things as bed lofting or air conditioner adjustments. Simply submit a maintenance request on-line. From the Housing homepage select Maintenance Request and follow the directions.
- Please provide specific details. You will receive a request number that enables you to follow up on the progress of your request.
- The Wreck Techs are the one-stop-shop for all Housing resident technology support needs. Our student residential technology advisors provide support for the wired/wireless network and cable television services throughout residence halls.
- The Wreck Techs also provide software support for computers, internet-connected consumer electronics, gaming systems and smart mobile devices. For a complete list of everything you need to know concerning technology within Housing, please visit https://wrecktechs.gatech.edu/.