Whether you are interested in joining our team immediately or next academic year, we are glad you are interested in serving the Georgia Tech community as a Resident Assistant.
The 2021-2022 RA application will reopen April 3, 2021. The application for Fall 2021-2022 will remain open throughout the summer and candidates will be notified of their status monthly. If you applied previously for a 2021-2022 RA position, there is no need to reapply.
You must log into myhousing and look under the employment tab to find the 2021-2022 RA application. Also please know at this time in the application process it is unlikely you will be able to pull in a roommate if you are offered a position in our apartment style housing.
Fall 2021- Spring 2022 Applicant Selection Process
- Information Session: All students who apply will be sent a video of the information session to watch. During these sessions, candidates can learn more about the position details. You may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org if you still have questions after watching the information sessions.
- Application: Applications will be available April 3, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. EST. Applications will be rolling and remain open. By applying you are authorizing the department to do a grade and conduct check with Georgia Tech through Banner and the Office of Student Integrity. Applications are located under the employment tab once you log in to your myhousing page.
- Interview: After submission of a completed application we will review your grades and conduct status as well as score your application. Successful candidates will be cleared to participate in a 45-minute online interview. Interview information will be emailed to candidates beginning in late April and through out the summer of 2021.
- We utilize an online sign-up program that allows for flexibility up until 5 p.m. the day before your interview.
- Be sure to input your GT email address (@gatech.edu) into the system to receive a reminder. The committee will not send reminders.
- Not all who submit applications are offered an interview. Please review your application essay questions with care.
- Candidate Offers: Selected candidates will receive their offers throughout the summer of 2021. Candidates receive either a primary placement offer, an alternate offer, or a no offer (allowing those applicants enough time to make other arrangements for housing). Students that receive the primary position offer will not learn of their community placement until later in the semester and their room/apartment assignment at a later date. Candidates will have 3 business days to accept their positions if offered.