Welcome to Georgia Tech's single graduate and family housing. We hope that the information below will help you as you settle into your new home. Please note that the unfurnished one and two bedroom apartments have the convenience of monthly rent payments, and a full size washer and dryer is in each apartment.
Regarding Your Move-in Date, Location & Process for Fall 2020
Please check your email for directions related to your specific check-in location and process. Family and monthly move-in has many moving parts, so the details you need in order to successfully move in will be communicated directly by email.
Monthly rent is due on or before the first business day of each month. Late fees are charged to the account if the rent is not paid by 2:00 p.m. on the tenth day of the month.
Rent is paid to the Bursar's office. You can pay online through bursar.gatech.edu/content/student-payment-instructions.
All packages come to and are accepted at the Graduate Living Center (GLC). Deliveries will be signed for and a notice will be placed in your mailbox. Please pick up packages within 48 hours of receiving notification. Bring the slip with your picture ID. Packages are normally returned to the sender after 72 hours if no special arrangements have been made through the GLC office. If you will be out of town please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, apartment number, and the length of time you need your packages to be held. Also, if you want to authorize someone else to pick up your package include his or her full name in your e-mail; that person must provide a picture ID when picking up your package. The GLC office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Housing cannot accept any package sent “cash on delivery.”
Types of Payment: Cash or personal checks from a US Bank are accepted in person. You may pay via WebCheck, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover online via Pay Now – Bursar. A service fee of 2.75 percent will be added to credit card payments.
Make checks payable to Georgia Tech and be sure to include your gtID#, apartment number, and the reason for payment on each check.
Proof of Residency
To receive a proof of residency letter, please come by the central housing office or e-mail email@example.com with your name, your spouse’s name (if applicable), name of child or children (if applicable), your gtID#, and reason for proof of residence. Your proof of residency letter will be ready within one business day.
Department of Parking and Transportation
To park on campus you will need to purchase a parking permit. The office is located in Technology Square. Residents are not guaranteed a permit, so try to purchase yours as soon as possible. Annual permits are valid from time of sale to August 14 each year. Park only in designated areas, and avoid reserved spots. If you do not have a permit your car may be towed at your expense.
For more information on parking permits, locations, campus transportation, and services, visit pts.gatech.edu or call 404-385-7275.
Community Rules and Expectations
Please put all your household trash in the dumpster nearest your apartment. Do not leave items outside the dumpster.
Residents should meet their guests at the building entrance and must escort their guests at all times in the building.
Propping Open Doors
Do not prop open the door leading to your apartment. Allowing non-residents to follow you into the building is a violation of your contract. Leaving a door open provides easy access to anyone off the street, perhaps even a thief or could allow a small child to get out of the building.
You must keep the stairwells clear of personal belongings. Do not leave your recyclable items, bikes, strollers, other large items, or shoes in the stairwell or hallways. Do not put shelves in the hallway or in front of your doors.
Please be considerate of your neighbors. Remember that all of our apartments have at least one student resident, and many have children who go to sleep early. Please keep radios, stereos, and TV volumes at a reasonable level.
Keep your apartment door closed when you are cooking. Remember your favorite spice or food may be unknown or may even create a disturbing odor for your neighbors. You may also turn on the exhaust fan.
- Our buildings are only as safe as you make them.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Our safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- New residents have thirty days after establishing residency to get a Georgia Driver’s license.
- First-time drivers must take a driving test, written test, and an eye exam.
- Beginning July 1, 2012, Georgia Department of Driver’s Services (DDS) is requiring additional secure documentation to be presented when you apply for a Georgia Driver’s license. Please refer to their website below for further information.
- For more information, driving directions, and hours of service please contact the Georgia Department of Driver’s Services at 678-413-8400 or visit dds.ga.gov.
- Before you can get a Georgia License plate, your car must first pass an emissions test. In metro Atlanta, all cars must be checked yearly for emissions compliance.
- The inspection can be done at any of the state-designated inspections stations.
- There are a number of stations close to campus; one is located on the corner of Hemphill Avenue and 14th Street.
- You must buy a Georgia License plate within thirty days.
- Tags are purchased from the Fulton County Tax Commissioner, located at 141 Pryor Street near the Five Points MARTA station downtown.
- You will need to bring the following: current registration or title, proof of insurance, emissions certificate, name of titleholder or a copy of the lease agreement, proof of address such as a bank statement or phone bill, and driver’s license.
- Tag costs vary.
For more information, call 1-855-406-5221 or visit dor.georgia.gov/motor-vehicle-titles-and-registration.
- Automobile insurance is required if you own a vehicle.
- There are many companies that offer auto insurance. Please contact the companies directly or contact an insurance agent. Housing does not recommend any particular company.