Know Before You Apply...
The application process for campus housing can be overwhelming the first time you complete it. This guide gives you a look ahead at each step of the application, noting important actions you should take, notes relevant to different resident types, and tips for a smoother process.
Each subsequent page of this guide covers a step in the application process. It will highlight action items for you to complete on that page, as well as provide definitions and caveats about what some students may see.
Each page inside the application includes a diagram at the top which indicates your current position in the process.
Tips for Completing the Application
1. Research our Living Learning, Second-Year, and Gender-Inclusive communities in advance. Some communities have dedicated residence halls to be aware of, and most have additional steps required to apply to join.
2. If you experience technical issues with the portal:
- If it is the first day that the application has opened to a new group, the system may be overwhelmed. Try again in a few minutes as needed until traffic subsides.
- If application access has not recently expanded, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A completed application is required to receive a Room Selection Number (RSN), which gives you your place in line for selecting a room. RSN positions are assigned:
- To current students according to credit hours. The more credit hours you have, the earlier you get to select your housing and the more choices you'll have.
- To incoming first-year students in order of application/contract completion. The earlier you complete your housing application, the more choices you'll have.
- Any applicant placed on the waitlist (if/when we reach one) will not receive an RSN until taken off the list
23-24 Academic Year Application Dates
Current Georgia Tech students should note the dates that the application opens for each group below, you will not be able to access the application before then. Students who have strong interest in living with us next year should be prepared to apply as soon as the application opens to them for their best chance at securing a bed.
- Rising Second-Year Residents can apply beginning January 31, 2023.
- All other Housing residents can apply beginning February 13, 2023.
- All other current GT students can apply beginning February 20, 2023.
First-year students can apply beginning January 17, 2023.
Ready to get started?
Begin by logging into the My Housing portal.
Upon logging into the housing portal, you'll see your classification and email address we have on file for you, as well as other important information for (potential) residents.
Action item on this page (to start your application): Click "Application" in the gold bar at the top of the page.