Undergraduate & Transfer Housing
Why Live on Campus?
- Living on campus provides a great opportunity to continue strengthening your bonds with the Tech community--and to build new bonds.
- It’s incredibly convenient for accessing campus resources and events.
- You will increase your
chances of maintaining a high GPA.
- You'll avoid stressful and expensive commutes.
- You'll enjoy access to high speed Internet and HD cable channels.
- All of our buildings have controlled access entry to ensure our residents' safety.
- We offer specialized living-learning communities for upperclassmen. Find out more here!
- Among second-year students, 75 percent were assigned apartments before classes began in August.
The Application Process
For specific deadline dates, refer to the housing calendar.
About the application
The application for
housing is completely on-line. In order to complete the application you
must make a $600 prepayment--which incorporates our one-time only $80
application fee for new applicants. When completing the application students will have the
ability to make building and roommate preference selections. If you
don't know who you would like to live with our housing application has a
roommate finder. Keep in mind, you can submit the application, and then
log back in to make edits to your preferences.
Where do I apply?
is an on-line system where both returning Graduate students and new Graduate students that have been admitted,
and who have made the admissions deposit, to the Georgia Institute of
Technology can complete the online housing application.
How do I make the prepayment?
- Activate your student account (Skip this step, if you have already done this.)
- Login to Buzzport
- Click on the icon that says Pay Your Admission and Housing Deposit or Housing Pay Now
- Click on eDeposits (at the very top of the page)
- Select the appropriate Term
- Select "(Fall, Spring, Summer) Housing Prepay"
- Continue Payment Process as directed
- Complete the Housing Application at "My Housing"
What kind of housing am I eligible for?
Undergraduate and transfer students are eligible to live in our apartment style and suite style residence halls. Additionally we have one traditional dorm, Fulmer, that is open for females. For a full list of our
buildings and who can live there, view our Residence Halls.
Am I guaranteed housing?
All returning students
who submit the $600 rent prepayment may apply for Fall housing starting
in mid-February. Students who apply before the given deadline are
guaranteed housing. All transfer students who submit the $600 rent prepayment
complete the online application by May 1st are guaranteed housing. If
you only want spring housing, if you submit the prepayment and the
completed application by the deadline in November you are guaranteed
housing. For the summer semester, all new and returning students must submit their $300 rent prepayment
and online application by the last week of March to be guaranteed housing. Late applications are accepted for all terms but housing is not guaranteed.
If am a returning student how am I assigned?
Once the guaranteed housing application deadline has passed, all returning students are given a room selection number. Based on this room selection number students are also given a time slot to log-in to their My Housing account to self-assign. During this time slot students can view available rooms and assign themselves. Groups of confirmed roommates can be assigned at once by the person with the earliest time slot. Rising 2nd year students will be assigned by housing staff once the room selection period has come to a close--if they were not assigned with a roommate who was able to self-assign. Specific details are available online during each application period.
If I am a transfer student how am I assigned?
Transfer students are assigned a room based on date of application.
When will I get my room and roommate information?
Fall room and roommate
information for new students is released by mid-April. The same
information will be released late June/early July for transfer students. To
information students should log back into My Housing and go back into the application. The information will be displayed there.
What if I want to cancel my application, or my room assignment?
If at any point you no longer want housing or decide not to attend Georgia Tech, immediately log into My Housing and cancel your housing! You will be subject to our Cancellation Policy.
How will GT Housing contact you?
Your official Georgia
Tech e-mail address will serve as our point of contact with you.
However, keep in mind room and roommate information will only be
available via My Housing