Why Live on Campus?
While incoming freshmen students are not required to live on campus, there are several reasons we recommend campus housing.
- You will increase your chances of attaining and maintaining a high GPA. Studies have shown students who live on campus earn better grades.
- You'll learn to cope with the newness of independent living in the security of a true community setting.
- You can build lifetime friendships.
- You'll avoid stressful and expensive commutes.
- Extracurricular campus activities will afford you a healthy balance between a demanding workload and non-academic diversions.
- You'll enjoy access to high speed Internet and HD cable channels.
- Our school's emphasis on campus safety creates a sense of security within the Tech community.
- We have a program specially designed for incoming freshmen. Learn more here!
The Application Process
For specific deadline dates, refer to the housing calendar.
About the application
The application for housing is completely on-line. In order to complete the application you must make a $600 prepayment--which incorporates our one-time only $80 application fee. When completing the application students will have the ability to make building and roommate preference selections. If you don't know who you would like to live with our housing application has a roommate finder. Keep in mind, you can submit the application, and then log back in to make edits to your preferences until late June. Freshmen students are assigned rooms based on the date of application--the sooner you apply the better!
Where do I apply?
My Housing is an on-line system where Freshman students that have been admitted, and who have made the admissions deposit, to the Georgia Institute of Technology can complete the online housing application.
How do I make the prepayment?
- Activate your student account (Skip this step, if you have already done this.)
- Login to Buzzport
- Click on the icon that says Pay Your Admission and Housing Deposit or Housing Pay Now
- Click on eDeposits (at the very top of the page)
- Select the appropriate Term
- Select "(Fall, Spring, Summer) Housing Prepay"
- Continue Payment Process as directed
- Complete the Housing Application at "My Housing"
What kind of housing am I eligible for?
Freshmen are eligible to live in our Traditional residence halls, as a part of the Freshman Experience program, or Suite style residence halls. Freshmen may not live in apartment style housing. For a full list of our buildings and who can live there, view our Residence Halls.
Am I guaranteed housing?
All freshmen students entering in the fall semester who submit the $600 rent prepayment and complete the online application by May 1 are guaranteed housing. If you only want spring housing if you submit the prepayment and the completed application by the deadline in November you are guaranteed housing. Housing for freshmen is guaranteed through their second year as long as they meet all application deadlines. Late applications are accepted but not guaranteed.
When will I get my room and roommate information?
Room and roommate information is released by the 1st or 2nd week of July. To view this information students should log back into My Housing and go back into the application. The information will be displayed there.
What if I want to cancel my application, or my room assignment?
If at any point you no longer want housing or decide not to attend Ga. Tech, immediately log into My Housing and cancel your housing! You will be subject to our Cancellation Policy.
How will GT Housing contact you?
Until you are registered for classes, the Department of Housing will communicate with you through the email address listed on your Institute admission application. Once you are assigned an official Georgia Tech email account, it will become our official point of contact with you. Note that room and roommate information will only be available via My Housing.